lingua v0.6.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-02-06 // 4 months ago
🐛 Bug Fixes
Previous changes from v0.6.0
- ➕ added 11 new languages: Armenian, Bosnian, Azerbaijani, Esperanto, Georgian, Kazakh, Macedonian, Marathi, Mongolian, Serbian, Ukrainian
🚀 There are some breaking changes in this release:
- 🚚 The dependency on the fastutil library has been removed. It did not provide enough advantages over Kotlin's lazy loading of language models.
- 🚚 The method
LanguageDetector.detectLanguagesOf(text: Iterable<String>)has been removed because the sorting order of the returned languages was undefined for input collections such as a HashSet. From now on, the method
LanguageDetector.detectLanguageOf(text: String)will be the only one to be used.
LanguageDetectorcan now be built with the following additional methods:
LanguageDetectorBuilder.fromIsoCodes639_1(vararg isoCodes: IsoCode639_1)
LanguageDetectorBuilder.fromIsoCodes639_3(vararg isoCodes: IsoCode639_3)
- the following method has been removed:
LanguageDetectorBuilder.fromIsoCodes(isoCode: String, vararg isoCodes: String)
- 🚚 The Gson library has been replaced with kotlinx-serialization for the loading of the json language models. This results in a significant reduction of code and makes reflection obsolete, so the dependency on kotlin-reflect could be removed.
- The overall detection algorithm has been improved again several times to fix several detection bugs.