mapdb alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Database" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of mapdb or a related project?
MapDB: database engine
MapDB combines embedded database engine and Java collections. It is free under Apache 2 license. MapDB is flexible and can be used in many roles:
- Drop-in replacement for Maps, Lists, Queues and other collections.
- Off-heap collections not affected by Garbage Collector
- Multilevel cache with expiration and disk overflow.
- RDBMs replacement with transactions, MVCC, incremental backups etc…
- Local data processing and filtering. MapDB has utilities to process huge quantities of data in reasonable time.
<dependency> <groupId>org.mapdb</groupId> <artifactId>mapdb</artifactId> <version>VERSION</version> </dependency>
//import org.mapdb.* DB db = DBMaker.memoryDB().make(); ConcurrentMap map = db.hashMap("map").make(); map.put("something", "here");
MapDB is written in Kotlin, you will need IntelliJ Idea.
You can use Gradle to build MapDB.
MapDB is extensively unit-tested.
By default, only tiny fraction of all tests are executed, so build finishes under 10 minutes.
Full test suite has over million test cases and runs for several hours/days.
To run full test suite, set
-Dmdbtest=1 VM option.
Longer unit tests might require more memory. Use this to increase heap memory assigned to unit tests:
By default unit tests are executed in 3 threads. Thread count is controlled by
On machine with limited memory you can change fork mode so unit test consume less RAM, but run longer:
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the mapdb README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.